The EVANDE project aims at:
- increasing the level of knowledge on natural phenomena and their impacts, of civil protection actors in local scale, assisting them to better planning and implementing preparedness and response strategies;
- strengthening collaboration and improvement of communication among the various civil protection actors, such as local authorities and volunteers;
- developing tools and means to raise awareness and to create better prerequisites for civil protection in local and national levels;
- contributing to the development of a lifelong learning based activity addressed to civil protection operators maximizing the benefits of broader society from already developed European projects, studies and strategies; and
- improving cross border civil protection through regional cooperation on interoperability and preparedness for direct response, better planning and reduction of impacts of natural disasters, like floods, droughts, wild fires and earthquakes in all Europe.